Starting June 2, 2020
ON THE RUN
CDC/WV COVID19 GUIDELINES
FOR EVERYONE'S WELL BEING:
- Only 4 customers at a time will be allowed in the store.
- 2 customers maximum per car
- Wear a mask or face covering if possible for everyone's safety. I will be wearing a mask for your safety.
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet) while in the store or waiting in line to come into the store.
Thank you for your understanding. See you in the store.
Tuesday--Friday: 10 - 5
Saturday: 11 - 4
Sunday & Monday: Closed
OWNER: Dorsey Cheuvront, Jr.
"I began running at age 27 and quickly developed not only a passion for running but also everything
OPENED: On the Run and Walk opened in August of 1995. The goal was to address the lack of
opportunities to find running shoes in the Parkersburg and Mid-Ohio Valley area.
BACKGROUND: My background is in organizing races for 30 years.
- Third president of the River Cities Runners' Club 1985 and 1986
- Race Director Parkersburg Road Run 10K - Mountain State Classic 10K 1985-1995
- Founder and Race Director of Parkersburg Half Marathon 1985, 1987-1994
- Men's USATF National Championship
- Founder and Director of WV Grand Prix series of races 1991-1996
- Race Director for the Grand Central 8K in Vienna WV 1995
- Women's USATF National Championship
- Race Director for WV High School Cross Country Championships WVSSAC 1998 and
1999 Williamstown WV and 2002-2005 Mineral Wells WV
- 2M 10:20 Parkersburg Homecoming 2M
- 5K 16:20 Gallipolis 5K
- 8K 28:50 Run for the Statue of Liberty 8K
- 10K 36:16 Marietta Memorial 10K
- 10M 59:19 Cabell Huntington 10M
- 20K 1:18:14 Elby's 20K, Wheeling
- 15M 1:31:04 Charleston Distance Run 15 M
STORE OBJECTIVE: provide 30+ years of running knowledge to help people select the proper shoes,
socks, clothing, and any other gear, whether a person is a beginning or seasoned runner or walker